Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Feathers out the wa-zoo!



I have been playing a lot with feathers recently and have come up with a couple of fantastic headbands. I had been collecting feathers from all over the place and had no idea what I was collecting them for, but I knew I wanted them and that I loved them. I wear a lot of feathers in my hair and silk screen feathers on all kinds of things, shirts, dresses, totes, pillows etc.. So it seemed only right I make the most beautiful bouquet of feathers and glue and sew it onto a head piece.

Originally I had thought of using a small fabric covered head band for the feather pallet but when I couldn't find any at the craft store I had to figure out an alternative. That is when I remembered years ago I used to cut the sleeves off my tee shirts and wear them on my head to hold my hair back. Then I looked down at my pile of cut off sleeves of tee shirts I used to turn into tee dresses, and it just clicked! What a perfect match these two will make, I thought. I then proceeded to make the most wonderful head bands/ small hats anyone could ever ask for. They look great with anything you wear. My friend and I were waitressing the other afternoon and people could not believe how something so elegant looked so great with just a ratty shirt and a pair of jeans.

I am really not trying to toot my own horn here but you gotta check these guys out... They're too wonderful to pass up..

Check out my etsy website for more photos and details.

No comments:

Post a Comment